For our latest Challenge click HERE
For our latest Winners click HERE
For Elle Mid Month Tutorials/Inspiration click HERE

PLEASE NOTE: November's challenge is going to be the last challenge for Ellephantastic for a little while we are all taking a much needed break. Thank you all very much for taking part we look forward to seeing you again sometime next year.

Saturday, 15 October 2011

October Mid month Tutorial

Good evening Everyone! 
Michelle here again,
I hope you're all well and keeping cosy in this slightly chillier weather? Though today in Sheffield was really beautiful (even if I was at work). 
I'd just like to remind you of this month's Recipe details as I think there may have been a little confusion.
so it's a 1, 2, 3. Recipe using 1 image - 2 colours which are purple and green
and three embellishments - now this could be 3 buttons, 3 brads or 3 chippies or a combination of these, this could also be interpreted as using 3 types of embellies e.g. some buttons, some candy and some ribbon.
Hope this makes more sense and I look forward to seeing some more of your fabulous creations! and thanks to those of you who have taken part already. 
Ok on with business... I've decided to make a wee box to share with you. 

so here's what you'll need 
I've used some coordinating card/heavy paper, Eazi-Score Board, glue gun and my daughters Thomas the tank ruler, to decorate; a digi image, coloured with promarkers, some Craft Candi and a die cut shape with a wee spider to finish. 

I cut one piece of card to 15cm x 15cm and the other 16cm to 16cm. 

Using the 15cm x 15cm piece first, I used the first score line on the board
and scored the four sides of the card.

I then folded each side and creased with the scoring tool. 

next up I cut a slit in the corner to make the corners neat

and glued it together

I done the same with the 16cm by 16cm piece except I used the second score line on the board, this will then give you a slightly bigger top.

I decorated the lid with some die cut shapes, some candi
and I used Charlotte - Halloween which can be found here from Ellephantastic
I coloured her with Promarkers and a purple glitter pen. 


Hope you've enjoyed my wee tutorial. if you've not entered our challenge this month, you can check the challenge deets here. Look forward to seeing your creations!
hugs
Michelle
xx

2 comments:

CraftyLoops said...

Awww such a beautiful box. I love the image. Lee x

craftymonster81 said...

Great tutorial and fabulous finished design, love it
Lindsay xx